Introduction to the Pass Plus Scheme
First I must say well done you, because if you’re reading this, it most likely means that your have passed your test.
So you may have been presented with the option to take the Pass Plus. I will explain the following:
- Why you should take the PASS PLUS
- What you should expect on the PASS PLUS, and the
- Pass Plus benefit to you
Why you should take the Pass Plus Scheme?
You may be thinking to yourself, “I passed my driving test and I can drive”?
Well that is true you have centrally demonstrated that you meet the level of competence to pass the driving test but what you lack is driving experience.
The Pass Plus is more than just a few extra driving lessons. You are adding to your driving experience under expert supervision and guidance and you will be shown how to deal with driving situations that you may not have confronted whilst learning to drive.
This may include driving in fog, rain, snow and ice, driving in the dark and motorway driving.
After the introduction of the Pass Plus, 17-20 years olds went for being 69.3% to have blame in collision in 1998 to 41.8% in 2002.
That is a 27.5% reduction in total collision for `7-20 year olds and a sure sign that more experience reduces blameworthy crashes.
What to expect on the Pass Plus?
Yu can expect a minimum of 6 hours of tuition of which 5 and half hours will be of in-car driving.
The thing to remember is that some modules may take loner to complete than others and depending on how you are progressing, you may require more sessions.
The Pass Plus Syllabus consists of the following modules:
Module 1 – Town Driving
Module 2 – All Weather Driving
Module 3 – Out of Town Driving & Rural Areas
Module 4 – Night Driving
Module 5 – Dual Carriageways
Module 6 – Motorway
Pass Plus benefits to you?
- More driving experience under expert supervision
- Helping you become a more skilful driver
- Teaching you a develop a positive driving style enjoyable and safe
- Reducing the risk of you being involved in a road crash
- Saving you money on your insurance premiums – subject to status, you should check with your insurance company if they offer discounts for pupils who have taken the Pass Plus.
And remember there is no test at the end of the course!